Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Cycles of Conception

Thanks for weighing in on the basal thermometer. I'm actually excited to start to track, and hope that I can get in the groove and not feel too frustrated with the whole ordeal.

It's funny. My witch doctor has been able to tell me the most random things about me that are true (I was originally a twin and my mother lost the other baby, I used to have a synthetically sped-up thyroid. She knows when my partner is sick because she can feel my body fighting off whatever my partner has, she once addressed in insane detail a recurrent nightmare I have that I told nobody about). Last week I saw her, and she "tested" my body (however the hell she does it) and came up with the best days for me to conceive. Part of me wants to believe her, because she's been pretty much right at everything else, but part of me is a bit skeptical just because of the days she chose to tell me I'd ovulate.

Day 8, 10 and 12 are apparently my most fertile days. Which just seems too early. Is it even possible that early in one's cycle to be ready to "receive"? She specializes in fertility, and has been doing this for years. We have a family friend who went to her after 7 years of infertility with her husband; within two months, the woman was pregnant. Similarly, another patient of hers was going through IUI with her partner and was trying on the days predetermined by the clinic. My witch doctor told her two switch insemination days, and she got pregnant that month. Coincidental? Maybe. But enough to make me think.

Anyhow, I think I am looking forward to doing my own investigation into my cycle, and I think the tracking of my own cycle will help with that. As soon as this (awful) period is over, I will start. Maybe it'll be day 9 or 16... who knows!

2 comments:

  1. I know it is better to inseminate at the right time and the doctor will know by the size of your eggs. It worked with my DIL and they had twins on the first try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This witch doctor sounds very interesting. I wish I could find one like that.

    I don't think it's too odd that she would tell you day 8. We often start inseminating before I actually ovulate. Since the sperm can hang out in the fallopian tubes for a few days, I think of it as insurance that it will be there when the egg pops out.

    ReplyDelete