Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Fluids and Eggs

Thanks for all of your comments on the last post - it was really helpful and gave me some insight as to what this blog means to me. I have decided to switch up the visual, and will do so when I have more than a few minutes to log on, once work has died down a little. I may change the blog name too, but I'm going to sit with that one for a while - the one thing I've learned is how important a name can be, even to a blog. It represents you.

I'm currently on day 4 of BBT tracking and am using Fertility Friend. It's weird, I input the info online, but I also have a Fertility Friend app for my iPhone. But the cycles are not the same - in fact, they're off by almost a week. Online is where I've been imputing my temperature data, so I'm guessing that one is the most accurate. It's a good lesson that all this technology doesn't necessarily help :) Does anyone have a full membership to Fertility Friend? Is it worth the cost?

So I'm doing the temperature thing and I'm also kind of taking more of an interest in my cervical fluids (yum). I will be ovulating in the next few days, so it's good to know what it all feels/looks like. I've always noticed it, but of course have never done a day-to-day analysis like I am doing now. It's funny, in the book The Guide to Pregnancy for Lesbians, which I have enjoyed, the author says it's a good idea to have your partner chart for you and analyze your cervical fluid, to make her feel more involved in the baby-making process. I read that out loud to Devon and I think she threw up a little in her mouth.

There are some things that I never want my partner to do, checking my cervical fluid is one of them... now there *is* one fluid that is definitely okay, considering she's the one that helps me make it.

ANYway...

3 comments:

  1. Oh Lex, you funny little bunny :) I loved that last line :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think it took being in the L&D room surrounded by my blood for my partner to finally feel comfortable with my fluids. :)

    ReplyDelete